Two Ricoh MP C5502’s exhibited the same symptoms, they were both stuck at updating their @remote certificates. If you have this problem, you’ll notice a message in the bottom left corner of the screen on the MFPs. The MFPs were fully functional, but nevertheless I wanted to get @remote up and running again.
This is what I did:
- Log in, if necessary.
- Press and release the F1 button at the extreme left of the screen.
- In rapid succession, press and release these four buttons // 1 0 7, and press and hold the C button until SP Mode appears.
- Choose System SP.
- Enter 5870# to get to “Common KeyInfo Writing”.
- Item “1: Writing” should already be selected.
- Press twice on the Execute buttons that appear on the screen.
- Press twice on the Exit buttons that appear on the screen.
- Turn off the MFP.
- Wait until all the relays are released, usually indicated as two audible clicking sounds, and turn on the MFP.
Be aware that you may cause great mischief while in SP Mode. You may look around, but don’t change anything.