Sorting the VM list in VirtualBox
Since version 4.0.0 it became possible to sort the VM list in the GUI of VirtualBox. Sadly there is no mention on how to sort the list.
Here’s what the documentation for VirtualBox 4.0.6, page 187, has to say on the matter:
15.4 Version 4.0.0 (2010-12-22)
This version is a major update. The following major new features were added:
- Major rework of the GUI (now called “VirtualBox Manager”):
- The VM list is now sortable
That’s all there is. There is no mention on how to actually sort the VM list.
Here’s how you sort the VM list:
- Select, i.e. click on, the VM you want to change position of.
- Hold down the Control key.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to move the selected VM relative to the other VMs listed.
Why isn’t this mentioned in the user manual?
In my opinion there should be a menu option to sort the VM list alphabetically ascending and descending.