I decided to upgrade ESET NOD32 from 10.0.390.0 to 10.1.219.1 using the dashboard. Huge mistake! My computer lost network connectivity and only a few programs ran successfully. Even uninstalling NOD32 was partially successful. Prior to 10.0.390.0, I ran NOD32 9.0.386.0.

I was able to download a removal utility and a new installer. I booted into safe mode to run the removal utility. I ensured nothing remained in C:\Program Files\ESET. I rebooted to normal mode and let Malwarebyte’s Antimalware do a one-off scan, just to be safe. (No, I don’t run MBAM on a regular basis.)

A fresh installation of NOD32 10.1.219.1 was successful in the end, and finally my life can go on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>